Seven Things You Must Do To Protect Your Business:
- BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP! Make Sure You Are Backing Up Your Files Every Day. This is the best and easiest way to Protect Your Business!
- Check Your Backups on a Regular Basis to Make Sure They Are Working Properly.
- Keep an Offsite Copy of Your Backups.
- Make Sure Your Virus Protection Is ALWAYS On AND Up-To-Date
- Have a Business grade Firewall and make certain your windows firewall is turned on.
- Update Your System with Critical Security Patches As They Become Available.
- Blowing The Dust Out of Your Computers and Devices to Help Prevent Hardware Failure Is Also Another Great Way To Protect Your Business.
Why Do You Need to Do these Things???
Companies experience an average of 501 hours of network downtime every year, and the overall downtime costs an average of 3.6% of annual revenue. (Source: The Costs of Enterprise Downtime, Infonetics Research)
93% of companies that lost their data center for 10 days or more due to a disaster filed for bankruptcy within one year of the disaster, and 50% filed for bankruptcy immediately. (Source: National Archives & Records Administration in Washington.)
20% of small to medium businesses will suffer a major disaster causing loss of critical data every 5 years. (Source: Richmond House Group)
This year, 40% of small to medium businesses that manage their own network and use the Internet for more than e-mail will have their network accessed by a hacker, and more than 50% won’t even know they were attacked. (Source: Gartner Group) Cyber-criminals stole an average of $900 from each of 3 million Americans in the past year, and that doesn’t include the hundreds of thousands of PCs rendered useless by spyware. (Source: Gartner Group)
Just because you run a small business, doesn’t mean you’re beyond a hacker’s notice – or reach. Unfortunately, small businesses are particularly susceptible to hacks and breaches, simply because they are small and often unprepared.
As Always, if you need any help or have any questions, Net X IT Solutions is here to help. Feel free to call us any time for a Free 1 Hour Consultation 🙂