Managed Services Specialist
Full Job Description
Net X Computers is a leading provider of Managed IT Services to small and midsize organizations. We help our customers leverage the power of information technology to achieve their goals by becoming their trusted IT partner. Since 2005, we have made IT management easy and secure for hundreds of corporations, healthcare organizations, non-profits, and public sector agencies. We provide complete IT outsourcing to business leaders, and augmentation services to IT teams.
We are recognized for our outstanding customer service, technical depth, and operational excellence. Our communication driven service delivery is powered by two pillars, RMM and Support Teams. RMM is our cloud-based IT management system that allows your IT environment to self-heal, increasing uptime and reducing security risks. Dedicated Support Teams are how we deliver our deep and wide-ranging technical expertise while providing personalized service and the familiarity of a trusted ally.
The Net X Computers Way
- Rule #1 – Communication is Key
- Rule #2 – Get In, Find the Issue, Fix the Issue, Fix the Issue Right, Get Out
- Rule #3 – We are Always Here to Help
- Rule #4 – Never Leave Anyone Hanging
- Rule #5 – Always be Learning
- Rule #6 – We’ve Got This!
Why Work for Us
- A culture of “absolutely doing the right thing,” that values taking care of colleagues, clients, and our community
- An opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and ambitious and talented colleagues
- A fun work environment and a focus on ensuring a good work-life balance
- Competitive wages and benefits to ensure we attract and retain the best staff
- Opportunities to grow and develop personally and professionally
The Managed Services Specialist will be a representative of our company and will interact daily with all levels of the customer’s workforce, from C-level to business and technical end-users. Working to efficiently close tickets with high level of accuracy, you will perform a wide range of technical computing and information systems support, including installations, repairs, and preventative maintenance on desktops, laptops, servers, networking devices, and related software. The Managed Services Specialist diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software, and system failures using established procedures.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the status of open tickets and complete technical and operational tasks to efficiently and correctly resolve issues and close tickets.
- Account for time by function and by the customer in RMM with a high level of accuracy to include notes detailing customer work status to ensure continuity of service.
- Completion of any other ticket classifications in adherence with the ITIL system of Service Delivery (Type, Subtype, Item, as needed).
- Deliver outstanding customer service on-site and remotely to customers
- Communicate progress and advise customers on account status, changes, make suggestions, serve as coach regarding products/services and through processes.
- Conduct regular maintenance and support for assigned customers on schedule.
- Communicate and strategize with POD members on high-priority problems, critical status changes, customer matters, call aging, and training.
- Based on customer and company needs, work after hours and on weekends for scheduled projects and in emergency situations.
- Participate in a regular after-hours on-call rotation schedule.
CORE BEHAVIORS & COMPETENCIES
- Dependability = attendance, response time, completion
- Integrity = honesty, being loyal to the absent, ethical decision-making
- Collaboration = seeking out teamwork, building bridges
- Compassion = showing concern, seeking to understand, being kind
- Excellence = being professional, achieving goals, stretching ourselves
- Coping with Stress = think critically and solve problems in difficult situations, capable of handling interruptions effectively
- Interpersonal Skills = successfully interact and engage with New Customers, Existing Customers, colleagues, administrators, and others; enjoy working with nerds.
- Communication Skills = share information verbally and in writing to inform and educate customers; organize and present information in meaningful, easy-to-understand ways
- Adaptability and Flexibility = willingness to change methods and approaches as appropriate
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a closely related position doing MSP technical support/troubleshooting is preferred
- Microsoft Certified Professional certification a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Windows Server, RMM, and Remote Desktop Services preferred
- Experience in LAN/WAN and basic network troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365, Azure, and Windows Operating Systems (Desktop and Server)
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on many tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication skills along with excellent listening skills.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, hear, see, read, speak, reach, stretch with hands and arms, crouch, kneel, stoop, and climb stairs
- Occasionally lift and/or move lightweight items up to 40 lbs.
- Work will be at our main office and occasional offsite locations
- Work may be subject to frequent interruptions
- Some assignments are subject to completion within strict timelines
- Great company atmosphere, great office space, and room to grow
- The ability to work autonomously
- A management team that cares about you and your career growth
Travel for meetings, professional development activities, and work assignments will be required.
Net X Computers provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, sexual orientation, and other protected classes
Job Type: Full-time